Well, our little Elena continues to present us with new challenges. Her latest issue is sleeping. She doesn't seem to think it's for her. I think the transition to the big bed just happened a bit too soon. So now we're stuck with this child who fears no punishment and only wants to play in her room (or cover herself in Desitin OR take off her diaper OR break things). We decided to try a gate - to at least trap her in there. That way, we would at least know she was in one place - and not getting into the medicine cabinet or something. We bought the EXTRA tall gate with vertical slats (supposedly toddler proof). And guess what? In about 30 seconds, Elena had climbed over it! We freaked out enough that I think it scared her (we're constantly afraid she is going to kill herself with all these gymnastics moves of hers!) - so she stopped climbing. But she never went back to bed. Instead, at about 10pm, she crashed on the floor at the foot of the gate. She's lucky she's cute. That's all I can say.
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment