Friday, August 24, 2007

Another attempt - THE CAGE (plus music)


Well, since the gate was such a success (I hope you are hearing sarcasm) - we decided to beef it up a notch. This morning, we took a little road trip to Babies R Us to find a crib tent. Turned out the tent was too big - so they suggested a stroller net. I found a double stroller net that just happened to fit perfectly over the pack-n-play. I tucked that puppy right underneath the 4 corners of the pack-n-play. It was pretty darned snug. She could stand up - but it took a little effort. Sure enough - about 2 minutes later, I heard "mommy!" and came in the room to find our little darling outside the pack-n-play and stuck inside the netting. Before she could realize she could escape, I faked panic and told her to hurry and get back in so she wouldn't get hurt (sneaky, I know). I also tried another tactic ... music. At one point during pregnancy, I felt God told me she would be a musical child. I also know they play music at daycare (she goes once a week) and she sleeps like a charm. So I threw on some classical and gave it a shot. Praise God - the kid fell asleep before I had finished reading one chapter of Junie B. Jones to Emma!!! I hope it's not a fluke. But trapping her with classical music could be our key! I should also mention that she now takes every nap with a onesie on so that she won't take off her diaper and play with the contents. Man - I hope her husband-to-be knows what he's in for.

4 comments:

Barbie said...

That little lady cracks me up! I bet Aubrey will be like that too. She's doesn't love going down for naps. Bed time isn't quite as big of a challenge :)

Lynn said...

Motherhood seems to cost more and more these days. What will they think of next??

Lynn said...

Motherhood seems to cost more and more these days. What will they think of next??

Shannon said...

how's it goin- has this kept working? Oh the trials...