15 years ago
Friday, May 22, 2009
Daisy 3 weeks
We had a bit of trauma this week. After visiting our little Daisy, Emma and I both had an allergic reaction. Always hearing these dogs were hypo allergenic, we were confused. So I went to do some research and discovered "there's no such thing as a hypo allergenic dog". We were devastated, fearing that we could no longer get our puppy. But we wanted to make sure. Because Daisy is currently living in a house with 10 dogs on a farm with a cat and many horses. So I took Emma in for allergy testing. Turns out she has NO dog allergy - but instead the worst possible allergy to dust mites. The doctor believes that because dust mites feed on skin cells, the breeders home is filled with lots of doggy skin cells (dander) and that is what is causing the allergy. He believes that one small dog, well-bathed, will likely be OK for our family. We're also now in the mattress and pillow covering mode. And we're going to try a product called "Allersearch ADS" that supposedly reduces home allergens by 93 - 96%. We're not giving up on you Daisy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
She is just too cute. I hope everything works out for you and Emma's allergies. How could you not keep her.=) I would love to know if everything does work out being Stephen is very allergic to animals as well and at some point I would love to get a dog. Madi has been wanting one for years and I think it would be good for baby Ross.
Post a Comment